The Hudson-Rimer Funeral Chapel in Edina is one of the oldest firms in Northeast Missouri.
The Funeral Home was founded by John and Mary Ellen Hudson in Novelty, Missouri in 1912, along with a furniture store where it was located until 1925, when they moved to Edina, Missouri.
"At that time, they went into business with L.B. Kelly of Edina, for about two years. At this time, they were located on the west side of the square across the street west of the Knox County Court House. In 1930 the firm moved to its present location at 408 East Morgan St., a home originally owned by Captain Henry Parsons.
On June 3, 1931, Mr. John W. Hudson passed away and
the firm was then operated by Mrs. Hudson and their son Keith M. Hudson. All three of the Hudson’s were licensed embalmers and all three had served as Knox County Coroner. Mrs. Hudson was one of the first ladies to serve in Missouri as a coroner. In 1952 A.G. Rimer grandson of John and Mary Hudson returned from the Air Force after the death of his uncle Keith and went into business with his grandmother. A.G. Rimer was married to Bebe Ann Prebe on January 7, 1950 at Edina, Missouri and they had three children Alan, Mark and Gigi. Alan is a licensed funeral director and embalmer and is a graduate of Forest Park Community College in St. Louis, Missouri. Mark and Gigi both have their Funeral Director Licenses. A.G. and his brother Jim were both graduates of Worsham College of Mortuary Science in Chicago, Illinois. Jim was active in the firm from 1950 to 1953 at which time he began employment with the Missouri Highway Patrol, flying for the Governor and later for Frontier Airlines unti l his death. Today Alan G. Rimer is the fourth generation to operate the business."